DUPONT STAUROLITE produces their coarse Staurolite sand product from their heavy mineral deposits in Starke, Florida. This naturally occurring rounded mineral sand is chemically scrubbed, washed, and graded to give a product free from dust, dirt and ultra fines. The staurolite sand is than magnetically separated from other heavy minerals to produce a highly uniform grade.
APPLICATIONS-- coarse Staurolite should only be selected when a heavy paint film is to be removed or a deeper profile is needed that cannot be obtained with our recommended Starblast or Starblast Ultra blasting abrasives. Similar to the other DuPont Abrasives, Coarse Staurolite offers the same product advantages, such as:
- greater blasting visibility due to considerably less dust generation
- lower labor costs through faster, more efficient cleaning
- less material costs due to re-usability
- guaranteed to contain<5% free silica, typical ly <3%
- rounded to sub angular grains result in less abrasive emvedment
- electrically non conductive
Abrasive Tip: When adding new abrasive to your sandblast equipment, add smaller quantities more frequently. This will increase the range of grit sizes being broken down, because the finer the grit, the faster the cut.
We also stock Garnet & Sinterball.